Re: what is ' Avg message sent queue time (ms) ' ?

  • From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lzeng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:00:38 -0500

Lei,

Average message queue time in AWR is derived from (G)V$GES_STATISTICS. This
number is the time taken to put an indirect message in to the message queue
and sending it. We would need to see the KSXP message stats time to identify
if there is a problem in IPC layer. IPC times are typilcaly < 1ms and you
can query the X$KSXPCLIENT to get more data.
.
If you want me to speculate, I would assume either your machine is extremely
busy (100% CPU) during that time or inter connect is peaked out. You can
confirm this by checking the OSWatcher archives.

Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan

Oracle Database 10g Real Application Clusters Handbook
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/

Oracle Wait Interface: A Practical Guide to Performance Diagnostics & Tuning
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/007222729X/