Re: what happens in the single-task message?

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: martin.busik@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 10:52:33 +0000

Maintenance of the Context Index might be responsible for this, though I'm
not sure I'd have expected it to show in the same trace, since my
understanding in 8i was that context index maintenance was done via an
entirely separate job.

anyway since this is a guess based on hazy memories of context in 8174 going
back 8 years or so now, you'd be best to test it. My plan for that would be
simply to create an identical table without the context index and repeat the
experiment.

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield