RE: what could cause a high elap value for the exec system call (for a select statement)?

  • From: D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:47:42 +0100

Cary,

I did a summation of the e values for all fetch and exec calls done between the
parsing of the problem statement and its execution call, and it was only 1.5 ms.
So, if I understand correctly, the problem would be in the exec itself.

Is it normal that I don't see separate childs for the select statements inside
the "select clause" ?

Regards,

Freek D'Hooge
Uptime