Re: weird 11.2.0.4 db link issue

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:36:11 +0100

And despite the title Bug 17890099 looks like it might be pertinent. Found
from a MOS query on ORA-02072. That one looks like it isn't available for
your platform yet though, which would suggest an SR to firstly confirm the
issue and secondly request a backport as appropriate.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM, MacGregor, Ian A. <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is an issue with 11.2.0.4 when a single statement employs two
database links and not all the participating databases are at 11.2.0.4.
For instance on database A

issue; delete from table@databaseB where <column_name> in (select
column_name from table@databaseC);

The problem occurs if B is at 11.2.0.4 and C is not or vice versa.
See the matrix for base bug 5702977. On of the child bugs may match your
situation. We hit bug 18329037.
There is a patch for that bug, and Oracle has been very good at updating
that patch after every quarterly Critical Patch Update so that it does not
produce conflict. However, who knows if they will continue to do so as
everything below 11.2.0.4 goes off support?

Your best bet is probably rewriting the statement to avoid the use of
two db links.

On Jun 17, 2015, at 12:16 PM, Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi,

I patched our databases on unix and on windows.... now one app won't
work because it goes like this:

From 11.2.0.4 Unix --> db link --> 11.2.0.4.16 on win32 view + db link
--> 10.1 on (something, it's another organization's site).

(no I can't tell them 10.1 is no longer supported etc., cue the funeral
parlor music)

Well because there are two db links in a row, connectivity failed after
the latest 11.2.0.4 PSU was applied and I upgrade the database from
11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4.

The latest psu was applied to 11g on win32, no change.

Any ideas? Maybe there's a patch I don't know about to fix this.

Meanwhile I suggested to the developer that he might want to use mviews
instead of views in the middle, but it would be easier if we just fixed
that bug.

-- Patrice
My profiles: [image: Facebook]
<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000206805521>[image: