Re: web enabled ./runInstaller ?

  • From: "Mladen Gogala" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mgogala@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 18:08:09 -0800

But there are RPM packages for Oracle Instant Client. And there is RPM package for SQL Developer.

.
On 2/4/2015 5:48 PM, Don Seiler wrote:
Really I still wish Oracle would make an RPM install, at least for RHEL and OEL. I know many people build their own RPMs for internal re-installation.

Don.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Mladen Gogala <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 2/4/2015 1:16 PM, kyle Hailey wrote:

        Am I missing something? Is there a web enabled installer for
        Oracle or is Oracle behind the times with only a fat client
        have installer?

        It's been a nuisance for years now that an install requires
        (unless one has the correct magic response file) a GUI window
        based installer.

        Thoughts?

        Thanks
        Kyle
        http://datavirtualizer.com

    On the other side, there is instant client which doesn't need a
    GUI installer.  I mostly stopped installing the normal client.

-- Mladen Gogala
    Oracle DBA
    http://mgogala.freehostia.com

Don Seiler