Re: web enabled ./runInstaller ?

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 09:08:04 -0800

I worked back in support in the age of the  character based installers
(90-98).  Pro:  it was easy to go into scripts to fix things. Con:   it
always broke. When the java installer came out it was a big jump in quality
and, surpassingly enough, worked quite well. Downside is when it broke
 there wasn't much way to fix it.

RPM installer would be cool.

Im just saying in this day and age of ubiquitous web interfaces, Oracle is
surprisingly behind the times with a fat client java installer.

Thanks all for great discussion

- Kyle
http://datavirtualizer.com