want to stop analyze once the database is stable

  • From: "zhu chao" <zhuchao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:56:13 -0800

hi, all,
    We have a 3rd party application running on our database, and the
vendor asked us to run daily analyze , for those tables with
dba_segments/dba_tables shows 5%+ difference for blocks.
   And we consistenly run into problem with the SQL plan changed,  as
sometimes analyze caused the plan goes bad.

    I want to stop the anlyze, as our current plan is ok, which can
meet our SLA requirement. And our database is already 5TB+, I think if
we stop analyze, and the CBO statistics does not get updated, the plan
should be ok and stable.

   How about your opinion? We are still running oracle 8174 on solaris8.

--
Regards
Zhu Chao