vpd in oracle applications environments

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 04:55:21 -0800

Hi All:
Could you share your experiences in implementing vpd in an oracle
applications environment?
For example if I want to create a policy like this where apps user can view
SSN of any user but named sql accounts shoud be able to view only thier ssn,
then each time I execute select national_identifier from per_all_people_f
as apps user then I would get all the national_identifiers for all users.
But  because of this  policy that is defined would it add an over head  and
cause performance issues because oracle applications uses internally apps
(when logged in through forms) and if it appends the predicates to teh
different policies, it may create an additoinal overhead. Is this
significant ?

Thank you for your inputs.

- Kumar