vim/sqlplus utility

  • From: Shaun Batterton <shaun.batterton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 22:23:25 -0400

For those of you who use sqlplus and vim almost exclusively,
alexandru.tica<http://code.google.com/u/alexandru.tica/>has put out a
really useful utility called VoraX that you should check out
at http://code.google.com/p/vorax/.  I've really enjoyed beta testing it and
I hope you don't mind the plug.  SQL Developer is great for viewing objects,
but I find it much faster to use the object viewer in vim and to not have to
leave sqlplus environment.  If you are a sqlplus purist, it may take some
getting used to having to start vim first and not having a synchronous step
by step sqlplus prompt, but there are a number of features that make it
better, including password encryption/decryption, connection profiles,
logging, and the aforementioned object viewer.  Alexandru updates the
project any time you have suggestions.   I'm posting this because I think a
few of you will find it useful and will help to improve it.

Thanks,
Shaun Batterton