very slow inserts on new partition.

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: _oracle_L_list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:52:27 +0300

Hi list,

We manage our datawarehouse database on Oracle 9i Rel.2, hp-superdome machine.
We have daily and monthly batch running from this database.
There are about 20 tables which we used range parititon (partition by
date column). We create a new partition every month. Whenever there is
a new partition created and the job takes long time than the usual
time, only the first day, and the subsequent dailsy, its performs on
time. Is the same case every month on the first day of using new
partition.
Can anyone come across this type of situation?
Your valuable comments/suggestion are highly appreciated.

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."