RE: very odd problem....oracle support has been no help so far.

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:28:14 -0500

If it's hardware, one would hope that there'd be "fun" messages in =
/var/adm/syslog/syslog.log at least from the time of the problem, if not =
before.  Then again, I'd hope that even neophyte SAs would know enough =
to check that.  I was going to say that you might want to ask your SA =
(or SAs) to check that file, but at that point a DBA becomes a real =
jacka$$ to an SA.

Unless they're the same person...  :)

Again, GL!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA