Re: very large RAC database copy to another RAC

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dd.yakkali@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:31:13 +0200

"The problem with RMAN backup ( whether cold or hot) is, the backup copies
are created on a filesystem and we do not have that big space to hold the
backupfiles"

You can duplicate the database with rman from the live database on the other
side, without writing the backups to disk.

Have you thought about storage replication?

Harel Safra
Sent from my phone

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:40370408605260