RE: value from index block or table block

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <grzegorzof@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 12:14:07 -0500

Goodness. You dropped a data file out of the SYSTEM tablespace?

Or are you writing that you dropped the tablespace containing the object
referenced by the corrupt I_OBJ2 index? (All the indexes of sys.obj$ are
born in SYSTEM unless you have an altered sql.bsq file.)

If that is the case, did the offline drop clean up the entries in I_OBJ2?
Then I'm surprised just dropping the offending referenced object didn't do
the trick.
If no clean up took place, then I would think you still have a corrupt block
in I_OBJ2.

At this point I'm mostly just curious about exactly what did transpire,
since I don't understand.

Regards,

mwf

On 2011-11-26 14:53, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Let me get this straight: You are experiencing the return of incorrect
> values (meaning either a bug or a corruption) and Oracle Support will
> not authorize your use of setting an event either at the session or
> system level?

Hi Mark,
 sorry but looks like I was no precise enough .
We provided 10046 ,and that confirmed corruption in I_OBJ2 index (if memory
serves me right name) but as a solution oracle said please do exp/imp of
your database .
Looks cool but our db is 15TB in size :) .
The problem is You cant rebuild that index (cant remember exac ora err for
that ) in normal way, You have to open database in upgrade/migrate mode and
with some event try to rebuild but its not supported as far as I know .
Finally we did drop offline for data file with that object and physically
removed it .
Only problem is rman warning about that unrecoverable tablespace .
Regards
GregG