Re: using pipe to export oracle on windows platform

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:46:28 +0200

Nuno
Zhu wants to reduce his network traffic when he sends the compressed
file to Solaris. I didn't read his question well enough, I see now. I
now have to admit that my 'shared-through-samba-unix-pipe' idea won't
help him either in reducing network traffic. Unskyld for wasting
precious bandwidth with my non-solution.

Regarding the Windows compressed folder: If you copy/ftp/whatever-you-do
the file from the compressed windows disk to the Solaris destination,
Windows will decompress the file for you before sending it over the
network. So, maybe I have to agree with you, you are confused, as I was
;-)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===