RE: user authentication without OID

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:11:16 -0500

Wow....ok, interesting timing here.....

I was just reading the 10gR2 AS manual on identity management, and came
across a section titled "Integrating with Windows User Provisioning"
when your message landed in my mailbox.....;-)
Really, the link is right here:
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_12/idmanage.1012/b14084/d
eploy.htm#sthref114

No, that doesn't help you, cause you're trying to do it without the AS
suite, right?

But, it got me thinking....CAN it be done without OID and Identity
Management and the huge infrastructure (and licensing) that implies....?

Then I found an Oracle whitepaper from 2004....a relevant quote is here:
"ACTIVE DIRECTORY INTEGRATION WITH ORACLE DATABASE
Oracle 9i Database and Oracle Database 10g directly integrate with
Active Directory through support of single sign-on and integrated user
provisioning.  These features facilitate integrated user provisioning.
These features facilitate integrated Oracle database and Active
Directory user access and administration, while maintaining
enterprise-scale security.  Because these database features integrate
directly with Active Directory, they do not require Oracle Internet
Directory."

(Empahasis is mine.)

The URL to the complete whitepaper is:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/windows/wp/Oracle_with_Active_Dire
ctory_TWP.pdf

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"Exception:  Some dividends may be reported as qualified dividends but
are not qualified dividends.  These include:

* Dividends you received on any share of stock that you held for less
than 61 days during the 121-day period that began 60 days before the
ex-dividend date.  The ex-dividend date is the first date following the
declaration of a dividend on which the purchaser of a stock is not
entitled to receive the next dividend payment. When counting the number
of days you held the stock, include the day you disposed of the stock
but not the day you acquired it. See the examples below. Also, when
counting the number of days you held the stock, you cannot count certain
days during which your risk of loss was diminished.  See Pub. 550 for
more details."

  --IRS, Form 1040-A Instruction Booklet, Line 9b:  Qualified Dividends