RE: uptime

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 13:51:02 -0800

Security is not in the eyes of the beholder.  A vulnerabilities exist or
they do not.  Certainly sites need to evaluate whether the vulnerability
is applicable and whether they have taken other measures to prevent its
exploitation, etc. I am not a system administrator  nor a security
expert,  but RedHat has been rather busy lately with kernel releases to
fix security issues.