RE: upgrade grid from 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 PSU question.

  • From: "Nabil Jamaleddin" <nmjamaleddin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 14:18:31 -0500

I was able to get it the PSU to install into my new grid home.  So my first
paragraph is complete.

I still would like to know what are thoughts on the questions below.

Thanks!

I am also thinking about keeping 2 grid homes on the server.  I will run
grid from one home.   Then when the next PSU patches come out I will apply
them to the grid home not in use.  Once I am ready to push the new PSU out I
will shutdown HAS,  rename the gird homes and start grid back up.  Then I
should be on the new PSU.  Does anyone apply the grid PSU like that?  Is
this a good or bad idea?  What are the problems with this?