Re: upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 08:25:39 -0600

Basically, you do this (standard upgrade methodology):

1.  Shutdown everything in the OH you want to upgrade.
2.  Install the 10.2.0.4 patchset.
3.  Startup upgrade
3.  run catupgrd.sql
4.  shutdown immediate/startup
5.  Run utlrp.sql
6.  Done.

The biggest problem I had was the undo setting.  I had the undo retention
set too high, and I ran out of undo tablespace, and everything froze waiting
for my undo retention time to elapse.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Zelli, Brian
<Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I've sifted thru the metalink note 553812.1 and then it pointed me to
> 550739.1 which then points me to another couple of notes.   Is there
> someone who went thru this and can just give me the freakin cliff notes
> on it?  I tired to follow the scripts but it keeps getting confusing.
>

> ciao,
> Brian

Andrew W. Kerber