Re: upgrade 10.1.0.4 to 10.2.0.4 - question about components

  • From: orcl <orcl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:43:16 -0500

Yes Jeff, I think you're right...

What I'll do is follow that method 10201 -> companion cd -> 10202 and then run the utlu102i.sql and see if it still reports it as needing attention.

The take away is... if you have multiple databases sharing the same home - that will be upgraded - its wise to run the utlu102i on ALL databses before the final patching happens. In my case only 1 had the special features installed. I would be a nasty bite if I stared upgrading a few databases only to find I had an $OH without all the necessary features.

Unfortunately this inst clearly addressed in the upgrade manual

Ill run this tomorrow and post my results

Thanks
Bob

Jeffrey Beckstrom wrote:
You install from the companion cd before putting on the 10.2.0.4 patch.

>>> orcl <orcl@xxxxxxx> 3/31/09 10:28 AM >>>
I tried that and it blows up with a nasty error massage that can only
point to a endless tar... I post the error message later but installing for the companion cd on the 10.2.0.4 dosnt seem to work

the companion cd is 10.2.0.1 there is no .2

I was hoping someone encountered this directly

anelson77388@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> In the new Oracle Home you will have to install those components from
> the Companion CD and then the upgrade will apply them.
>
> Allan
>
> On Mar 31, 2009 8:46am, Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > That's exactly what I'd do in the same situation. Good luck!
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:25 AM, orcl orcl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > I think I may also mention that
> >
> > I have 5 databses sharing one home
> >

> > my plan is to install 10.2.0.1 - patch to 10.2.0.4 into a new home, and
> > add all patches, then manually upgrade 1 database at a time to the new
> > home

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
by SurfControl E-mail Filter software in conjunction with
virus detection software.