RE: updating singly sys packages

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:42:00 -0500

Juan

Installing 9.2.0.4 packages in a 9.2.0.1 database one package at a time
doesn't sound reasonable at all.  Migrating to a new level is not just about
the internal packages.  As other's have said, it is also about updating or
inserting records into the sys tables.  If you install a 9.2.0.4 package
without updating the supporting database tables, things could go bad fast.

No.  There is no reasonable reason to do this in a production database.

You could certainly try anything in a test database.  But even if it worked,
I would not move it forward to production.

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional