up2date

  • From: Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'oracle-l List' <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 13:56:37 -0700

Hi all,
Well, I am new to Linux. Trying to upgrade our current OEL 4 to the latest
release. Opened an SR with Oracle Support where I was advised to run up2date.
Configured, ran it till it said that no more packages required. Rebooted the
server. Checked Linux version and ... it still shows the same version.
Conveyed that to support person, who told me that he wants to close the case
unless I have other issues than running up2date.

1.       What do I need to do to update to the latest version?

2.       Don't you think that this should be covered by Oracle support since
we're paying for it?

Regards,

Eugene Pipko
Seattle Pacific Industries
office: 253.872.5243
cell: 206.304.7726
P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.