Re: unhacking file$

  • From: Michael Haddon <m.haddon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:28:12 -0600

John,

If you know the times that each of these deletes happened you could always use the logminer packages to show the sql that was run to perform the delete and access undo sql.

Of course I would definitely plan to recover as stated below, it would probably be supported. The other obvious question would be is "Where is this well meaning DBA now??" It's never a good idea to modify the data dictionary, it used to be the way you could accomplish some tricky tasks but that was more than 10 years ago.

Mike

Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) wrote:
John,

LOL!!!!  "failed to mention".  That's an understatement.

You are in a world of screwage.  I would throw in the towel right now.
Export the data from the tablespace and hope it all comes out without
issues.

Export the data
Drop the tablespace.
Create it new.
Re-import.

Or - try and create new copies of everything that is in that tablespace
into a new tablespace
(like create table newstuff tablespace newtablespace as select * from
stuff).  This might be faster than exp/imp.  Then drop the old
tablespace, rename or move the objects back to the newly created
tablespace and off you go.

Truthfully, you should be speaking with Oracle support right now.  They
might be able to help you.  Luckily they don't charge for SR's you
supply them - just post them on the wall under the title
"Look what *this* guy did"!

Sorry to have a laugh at your expense.  But you are close to losing
everything.  You need to take it seriously and get out of this box you
are in.

Good Luck!

Tom