ultraSearch.cfg and passing values

  • From: "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 07:58:50 -0500

I am trying to run this ultraSearch config file for creating a db. The scripts were generated by dbca. This one has the HOST=server parameter.
The original scripts looked like:

spool $ORACLE_BASE/admin/db/scripts/ultraSearchCfg.log
alter user WKSYS account unlock identified by change_on_install;
@$ORACLE_HOME/ultrasearch/admin/wk0config.sql change_on_install (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server_name)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(
SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=db))) false " ";

I need to pass the server name to the script thru the host SERVER=`hostname` or something like this ( Solaris Korn Shell ) command but it is not working,
see below:

spool $ORACLE_BASE/admin/db/scripts/ultraSearchCfg.log
alter user WKSYS account unlock identified by change_on_install;
host SERVER=`hostname`
@$ORACLE_HOME/ultrasearch/admin/wk0config.sql change_on_install (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST='${SERVER}')(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(
SERVER=DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME=db))) false " ";

How do I pass the server name into the sql statement, all of this is happening in sql*plus?

thanks.