RE: two instance -- one database

  • From: "Baumgartel, Paul" <paul.baumgartel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:32:28 -0400

It frankly sounds pretty silly to me.  Your friend can set up resource
profiles on Database A to limit resource consumption by "bad
queries"...or the developers could be taught how to write efficient SQL!
Also, "bad queries" can be written against views as well, and placing
the views on another database does nothing to make them less bad.  Using
db links complicates administration, availability, and performance
optimization.

Tom Kyte (asktom.oracle.com) would have a field day with this one.

Paul Baumgartel
CREDIT SUISSE
Information Technology
Prime Services Databases Americas