RE: tunning an index build

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Hallas, John (EXP N-ARM)" <john.hallas@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:33:17 -0500

The data are not sorted as far as I know. The indices are being dropped
daily and rebuilt after a batch load into
the table

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Hallas, John
             (EXP N-ARM)"
             <john.hallas@lmco                                          To
             .com>                     genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
                                       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             07/18/2007 02:50                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: tunning an index build

Is the table data sorted in any way. Can it be sorted?

Are you building these indexes (I should write indices I know but it
never seems right) regularly or just as a one off. If regularly then the
rebuild option should be much faster

John