Re: trending growth, next increment

  • From: "goran bogdanovic" <goran00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:53:49 +0100

daily snapshot (or as you like):

insert into db_growth_tbl
select file_name, file_id, tablespace_name, bytes/1048576 size_MB,
trunc(sysdate) snap_date
from dba_data_files;

use sql analytical functions to process the results on weekly, monthly,
quarterly, yearly basis...:-)

On 11/29/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nothing to do with math question asked but if you have RMAN repository
you can consider a short note I posted couple days ago. There is a way
to get past trend data.

http://www.pythian.com/blogs/318/using-rman-repository-for-database-growth-trend

--
Best regards,