Re: training for new DBA's

  • From: Mark Bobak <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:47:05 +0000

³ŠBack up the redo logsŠ²

Um, you¹re referring to *online* redo logs?  If you¹ve properly
implemented your backup strategy, there should never be a need to backup
the online redo logs.  Tools like RMAN won¹t let you back them up.

Can you explain more?

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak, Lead Oracle DBA
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Pkwy | Ann Arbor, MI 48108-3218 USA | +1 734

ProQuestŠ Start here. 2013 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator