Re: ** trace file

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:37:56 -0600

If you're going to use ORADEBUG, then how about taking another approach and simply obtaining the regular trace file name using ORADEBUG TRACEFILE_NAME instead?

Hope this helps!
Tim Gorman
consultant - Evergreen Database Technologies, Inc.
P.O. Box 630791, Highlands Ranch CO  80163-0791
website   = http://www.EvDBT.com/
email     = Tim@xxxxxxxxx
mobile    = +1-303-885-4526
fax       = +1-303-484-3608
Yahoo IM  = tim_evdbt

A Joshi wrote:
Hi,
Is there a way to give a specific name to a trace file. Thanks for help. tracefile_identifier can be used as below :
alter session set tracefile_identifier='XY'
However, this does not seem to work for

oradebug setospid 400
oradebug unlimit
oradebug event 10046 trace name context forever , level 12

This is needed since same process could be running long and a new trace file is needed and old one needs to be deleted. I tried enabling trace for some time and then doing :

oradebug event 10046 trace name context off
then enabling it again : this seems to add to the trace file but not much luck with getting the info using tkprof. Can someone help. Thanks.

I tried emptying trace file by moving another file to it and then doing vi and deleting contents. However, after that it does not write to the file. Thanks

-- //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l