RE: to undo or not to undo

  • From: Freeman Robert - IL <FREEMANR@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'Barbara Baker ' <barbarabbaker@xxxxxxxxx>,"'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx '" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:37:23 -0600

I discuss this in my Oracle9i New Features book.... Bottom line is that you
create the undo tablespace, change the parameters, bounce the database (in
this case, I'd suggest *not* using a shutdown abort) and walah! You are
using automated undo. You do have to cycle the database to do this though,
its not dynamic. Once you are using automated undo, you should be able to
remove your other rollback segments.

HTH

Robert