RE: tkprof interpretation

  • From: "Cary Millsap" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Harvinder.Singh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 09:36:20 -0600

Tkprof doesn't tell you the answer to #2, but the information you need
to answer it is in the trace file. Grep for "^PARSE.*mis=[^0]" to find
out how many library cache misses you had during parse calls. Grep for
"^EXEC.*mis=[^0]" to find out how many occurred during execute calls.

All the information you need is in the trace file, including whether the
misses that occurred actually cost you any appreciable response time.
Our Hotsos Profiler reveals all that information in a useful way.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com
Nullius in verba

Hotsos Symposium 2007 / March 4-8 / Dallas
Visit www.hotsos.com for curriculum and schedule details...