title

  • From: "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:23:15 -0400

I may be explaining this wrong so bear with me.  We throw around the title of
Senior DBA just because somebody says they want it and mgt doesn't really know
what the title should imply.  We have a few who just don't know the job or
perform the same functions.  I want to go to my management and do the same
seeing as I have 24/7 support for every platform and every database we have
around here.  I am the only Sr. DBA that has significant exp in SQL server,
Oracle, Sybase and MySQL.  The others have exp in only 1 and have been lightly
trained in the other but no working knowledge or responsibility.  They only
have the title because they have been here longer and mgt thought that since I
was coming in as a Sr, they "needed" to be a Sr as well.  We have one Sr. who
doesn't have any system or dba rights on any db.  So if I were to ask for a
better title since we like throwing them around, what can a Sr. DBA get beyond
the current title?  And not management because I really don't want to be a
babysitter.   Title suggestions????

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.