time estimate for ASM fast mirror resync?

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 10:55:42 -0500

We had to briefly take a number of ASM disks offline, in order to reboot an
Exadata storage cell without impacting our databases.  I was expecting the
resync operation to complete relatively fast, since the offline period only
lasted for about 5 minutes, but after about 45 minutes the relevant disks
still show as SYNCING in the *mode_status* column of *v$asm_disk*.
Is there any way to estimate the progress and/or time requirement for the
ASM fast mirror resync operation?  It doesn't appear to populate *
gv$asm_operation*, and thus far my Google-fu has been entirely
unsuccessful. :(

The ASM version is 11.2.0.2.15, on Linux X86-64.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred