Re: three reads to get 64 blocks with dfmrc=32

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:40:22 -0600

I don't think it really matters at all and that it is simply not something
to be concerned about.

Did you notice the "ela=" values for the "direct path read" wait-events?
They were quite a bit faster than those for the "db file scattered read"
events.

Instead of investigating the buffering of "direct path read" into the PGA,
perhaps it would be more profitable to worry about the elapsed time per "db
file scattered read" into the SGA?  I'll bet that there is nothing that you
can do about it, as the more heavily mutexed SGA is bound to be "slower" to
access and modify than the non mutexed PGA, but it might still be something
worth investigating...