Re: testnap failure

  • From: "Tony Adolph" <tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 18:53:55 +1200

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the hint about the alter session (tracing), overlooked that,... but
If new plans are generated when tracing is on, wouldn't the same (new)
ones be used when I switch it back off again, i.e. the old plans have
been invalidated and discarded.

RE an index may have a logical corruption :  rebuilding any of the 5
indexes on this table "fixes" the problem.

When we've traced testnap, the queries it uses, the ones that access
SERVICE_T do so in isolation, ie SERVICE_T is the only table in the
FROM clause.

We were thinking that changing the plan could have avoided a bad index
on another table (as rebuilding any of the 5 on service_t fixes the
problem - so it couldn't be one of them),  but we can't find the
*other* table.

still in the dark, but thanks
Tony