Re: testnap failure

  • From: "Stefan Knecht" <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tony.adolph.dba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:26:14 +0200

If you're using a logon trigger to turn on tracing for the session, you're
changing the session's environment, and therefore you're causing the
optimizer to generate new plans.

In your case, this could mean that a "bad" index is not being used in the
new plans, allowing the sql to execute successfully.

What you can do to further analyze it, is

- analyze table <table_name> validate structure cascade;
or
- analyze index <index_name> validate structure;

to see if there's logical corruptions.

HTH

Cheers

Stefan