RE: terminal release of 9iRel2

  • From: <JayMiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>, <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:25:59 -0500

We've been patching everything to 9.2.0.7 while applying the 10/05
security patch and haven't had major problems.  The issue that I
remember hitting one some boxes is that you need to chmod to grant world
read and execute permissions on $ORACLE_HOME/lib/libclntsh.so.9.0 (Bug
4516865).  Also there's a problem with views that include a SELECT *
clause but that hasn't affected us.

If 9.2.0.8 actually comes out I'll probably combine it with a later
security patch rollout.

Thanks,

Jay Miller

Sr. Oracle DBA