Re: sysman, dbsnmp, assword change in em/dbconsole

  • From: Ray Stell <stellr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Robert Buda <rjbuda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 11:29:07 -0500

It's the issues of scale that bug me.  This is a pretty ugly process and
the scripting will be doublely so.  If you have a rolling password policy
(and you should) then you'll need to do this regularly on all your systems.
Ugh...

BTW, I just installed a test 11g db and changed the sysman pw following
the 10g metalink note.  The procedure seemed to work, but the nightly
sysman jobs did not feel well in the morning.  Thar be dragons here.