sysaux purge problems

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 13:36:01 -0400

I've reviewed the various MOS docs and bugs related to sysaux purge
problems already.  I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has
specifically seen inconsistencies where it seems that the AWR is purging
fine except for only the ASH table?  Or
where DBMS_STATS.GET_STATS_HISTORY_AVAILABILITY reports that data has been
purged, but a select on dba_tab_stats_history shows otherwise?

maybe one of the existing bugs causes this behavior, just seemed to me from
the descriptions that get_stats_history_availability is generally accurate.
 i'll work the SR and everything, just wondered if this problem was already
solved and I just missed the doc.  the initial support guys aren't bad, but
sometimes oracle-l buddies correct my search misses faster.  :)

btw this is on 11.2.0.3 psu11.

======== AWR/ASH:
SQL> select min(begin_interval_time) from dba_hist_snapshot;
MIN(BEGIN_INTERVAL_TIME)
2014-05-23 01:30:11

SQL> select min(sample_time) from DBA_HIST_ACTIVE_SESS_HISTORY;
MIN(SAMPLE_TIME)
2013-10-09 02:00:01

======== stats history:
SQL> SELECT DBMS_STATS.GET_STATS_HISTORY_AVAILABILITY FROM DUAL;
GET_STATS_HISTORY_AVAILABILITY
2014-08-05 00:01:08

SQL> select min(STATS_UPDATE_TIME) from dba_tab_stats_history;
MIN(STATS_UPDATE_TIME)
2013-09-15 01:01:06

SQL> select min(savtime) from WRI$_OPTSTAT_HISTHEAD_HISTORY;
MIN(SAVTIME)
2013-08-04 21:19:35

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider