Re: sys vs. "normal" User

  • From: "Jost," Jörg <Joerg.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:29:00 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 04.09.2007, 11:19 -0700 schrieb Jared Still:
> On 9/4/07, Jost, Jörg <Joerg.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         At some important points this application locks rows with
>         dbms_lock.
>
>         The lockname is the rowid of the row. Sometimes an evil user
>         stays
>         forever at this row and other users are unable to change it.
>

> Just curious - what's wrong with 'SELECT FOR UPDATE' ?

Thats a good question.

If i ask the Dev-Team, they say, it is easier to handle with the
dbms_lock. There is also a historically reason, because our app was not
developed under Oracle in the past.

Our application is something twosided. On the Terminalserver runs a
software called Unify. That part is making problems anywhere. So there
can be a reason too.

Bye

Jörg

OCP 10gR2