Re: submitting data to oracle

  • From: Chris Stephens <cstephens16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:33:38 -0500

submitting the file and storing it as a clob went fairly quickly.
parsing the xml document into relational tables was taking about 1
min/mb.  Admittedly we haven't tried registering the schema and
letting oracle shred the document into O-R tables.  We were just using
xquery directly against the clob.  There were a number of reasons (all
political) why this wasn't an option to begin with but given the
system will be unusable if we don't speed this up, the rules are now
open to debate.  We are going to test the shredding this week.  I am
also pushing for sqlldr sitting on the app server.