streams vs. replication

  • From: "Joe Smith" <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:32:40 -0500

List,

I need advice on how to approach a task. I need to "replicate" 6 tables across 6 Sun Servers with of course their own oracle instance. This is 9iRel2, 9.2.0.5.0.

Any change made to any of the tables needs to be replicated to all the other tables. This is just DML changes. These tables are small.

Should I use traditional Oracle Replication or tackle it with Oracle Streams?

I realize from reading the manuals that replication is included within Streams, but I just want to make sure that my approach is right.

Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.