Re: storing lobs as secure files - any gotchas?

  • From: orcl <orcl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 21:43:40 -0500

 Thanks but that document give the impression you can only use export of sql
loader to load the data. I was thinking using
INSERT /*+ APPEND NOLOGGING PARALLEL(X, 4) */
INTO NEW_SECUREFILE_TABLE X ( select /*+ full(Y) parallel(Y, 4) */  * FROM
SOURCE_LOB_TABLE Y);

Which is what I would do if I were to load for 1 year into a staging table -
then exchange as a partition.

I was wondering any issues of loading the whole table in one swoop rather
than exchanging each year and building the indexes as I went,

Thanks
Bob

There are no known downsides to using SecureFiles instead of BasicFiles for
storing LOBs / files in Oracle Database. And, you can use direct path to
loadinto a SecureFiles column regardless of whether it is in-line or
out-of-line: see the doc here
<http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e18294/adlob_managing.htm#i10
09749>[1] for more details. -Kevin J

-- "Oracle error messages being what they are, do not highlight the correct
cause of fault, but will identify some other error located close to where
thereal fault lies."

--- Links ---
   1
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e18294/adlob_managing.htm#i1009749