RE: &^@#%$@#%$ stinkin' oracle7 database

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:55:31 -0700

.. and if the listening side is on a different server ?
That's the whole point of this actually.  You can run import from a pipe
on
one server while export is running on another server supplying the data.

I ran them here on the same server, as the only other *nix box that  that
have access to that could be used in this test doesn't currently have a
database on it.

I could have used an ssh tunnel to create the table on a database at
home, but our security folks take a dim view of such things.

Jared