Re: statspack wait events

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:43:14 -0500

This is why statspack is sometimes useless. Your
"db_file_sequential_read" wait is meaningless unless
you know which SQL command(s) cause(s) the largest number
of those read events. Without the particular SQL to tune,
the only advice I can give you is to truncate tables until
the "disk read" problem goes away. On the other hand, you're
checkpointing a lot (control & redo files I/O is indicating
that). How big are redo log files? How many of them do you have?
Is the disk where redo files reside "hot"?