statistics created for GTTs after import

  • From: Joel Slowik <jslowik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 22:19:47 +0000

Hi Folks,

I'm not quite sure what to make of this.

I'm migrating a handful of our databases from windows servers (2003) to RHEL 7
x64 servers. These are the basic steps I'm performing:

1) create database (using that very command, scripted out)
2) run catalog, catproc, utlrp, and then finally run catqm
3) run a script to setup our users and data schema
4) expdp full from target database (database is Oracle 64bit 11.2.0.3)
5) impdp schemas (just one) to source database (database is Oracle 64bit
11.2.0.4)

Somehow along the way (and this is not happening in all of our database),
statistics are being gathered during import for our GTTs and set precisely to
2000 num_rows, 2000 sample size, 100 average row length, and 100 blocks.
Statistics do not exists for our GTTs in our source database.

What's going on here?

-joel slowik
Confidentiality Note: This electronic message transmission is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you
have received this transmission, but are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact Continuum Performance Systems at {203.245.5000}
and delete and destroy the original message and all copies.