RE: standby and Oracle licensing

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:50:11 -0500

RAC costs extra, above and beyond the EE price.  List price for EE is
$40,000/CPU.  RAC tax is 50%.  That is, list price for EE+RAC is
$60,000/CPU.  The configuration listed below, "failover", may be for an
active/passive setup where the passive node does not need to be
licensed?

But RAC, which I think most people think of as active/active most
certainly does cost extra.

Of course, with dicounts, etc, your mileage may vary, but, RAC is
definitely extra, above any beyond EE license.

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world:  Those who understand
binary, and those who don't."