Re: standards

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:51:58 +0200

Splendid.

And it brings me back to the very valid point Cary made to me some years
ago when we were in Honolulu together for the OAUG - remember the one
where Oracle pulled all financial support two weeks before the start of
the conference?

That was the beginning of the Mark Jarvis Master Plan (MJMP) to kill off
user groups and get some real messages out to customers instead :).

Anyway, Cary's point was (I think) to focus on worst practices instead
of best practices. When you constantly look for best practices you will
always be falling behind reality, and there will be no impetus for
moving the bar up. If you look for worst practices (things not to do),
then you'll learn and grow and become smarter and you can steadily add
to the list... or just move the bar up, up and away.

Mogens