Re: standards

  • From: Raj Jamadagni <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 04:24:40 -0700 (PDT)

I use it on a regular basis in certain code of mine (on production database
that runs 24x7) when I
DON'T want the exception to kill the processing.

Flogging ... dunno, but if you know what the hell you are doing then it is a
mighty fine syntax.

How would you otherwise continue in a loop when processing remaining iterations
is of paramount
importance than breaking over an ant in the middle of the road??

Over here, we discourage that practice too, but then again there are some
exceptions. And yes I
did notice the smiley.
Raj

--- david wendelken <davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about:
>
> PL/SQL Programmers who use exception blocks like this will be flogged, then
> fired from their
> job.
>
> EXCEPTION
>   WHEN OTHERS THEN