Re: srvctl remove asm generates PRKS-1033 and CRS-0214

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "William Wagman" <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:59:56 -0400

Well, many hidden diagnostic features are there for Oracle support who
*supposed* to be qualified enough to use them. Unfortunately,
"standard level* support analysts don't seem to know anything about it
let alone how to interpret the results. This forces us, mortals, into
research and *grin* guessing what the output means.

Highly qualified analysts are extremely rare to step into SR. I feel
that highly qualified people don't stay long in standard support and
move on. In fact, I'm not sure (to say the least) that knowledge
sharing in Oracle Corp. is working very well between support and
development so the only way to decode some traces would be to get
someone from development who has a clue or research it but that's when
you have time. But hey, who of DBA's has that? ;-)

I wish someone from Oracle can prove me wrong. Please!

On 7/25/07, William Wagman <wjwagman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings,

I would like to chime in and echo Charles' frustration with all the
diagnostics and ask if anyone has a reasonable approach to understanding
them. I too find them very complex and cryptic and on several occasions have
tried to understand them, really to no avail. Based on my experience and
from what I have seen expressed here it appears that not many Oracle
analysts are readily fluent with the multitude of logs and traces which can
be generated. Google helps but only to a very limited degree.

Does there exist somewhere, either on MetaLink, technet or someone's web
site a guide to understanding diagnostics in a RAC environment? Or am I just
dreaming?

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis