Re: sqlplus startup command still looking for old spfile even after renaming the database

  • From: Guilherme Raymo Longo <grlongo.ireland@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Fitzjarrell <oratune@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:59:02 -0200

Thanks everyone for the replies!
I had a problem at home wih my internet so I was´nt able to replay.

After reading David´s email, I gave a better look at the sql script and I
noticed that the connection statement was:

CONN SYS/ORACLE@LIN as sysdba

In fact LIN was not the db_name as I was thinking... It was the instance
name.
Speaking to a friend of mine he said that If I wanted to have a db with a
name other than XE through the admin I should manually create a database
with the name I want and than drop the XE database. So problem solved.

After creating a database and changing its instance name to LIN in
listener.ora, tnsnames.ora and in the system:

ALTER SYSTEM SET instance_names='LIN';

I was able to connect with the command:

CONN SYS/ORACLE@//127.0.0.1/LIN as sysdba.
The only thing that I could not archieve yet is to connect without having to
specify the absolute path to the instance.
I need to connect like that:

CONN SYS/ORACLE@LIN as sysdba.  and when I try it gives me an ora error I
can´t remember right now.
That it.